Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ramblings

Okay, I'm in a rambling mood. Last Tuesday, I attended a funeral for the mother of a childhood friend. This lady was a devouted Christian wife and mother. And she was a prayer warrior. Never before in my life had I attended a funeral where I left feeling a longing for a more enriched relationship with my Lord and Savior. Words cannot describe the feelings that I had. I made a commitment to do more to increase my personal relationship with Christ. Then the trials came and I slipped again.

First, we had no gas in the house and the water heater caught on fire. (Thankfully no one was home and it didn't damage anything but the water heater itself.) I thought okay, I'll pray and be thankful for the security from the threat of fire. Even as we went to bed in the cccccccold, I prayed and thanked God.

Second, Friday comes and we now have heat but still no hot water. The part for the water heater comes in and I'm really praising God for its early arrive. Chuck installs the part and we are all excited about getting hot showers. Low and behold, the water heater STILL isn't working properly. Now the praise is in short supply along with all my dirty dishes piling up everywhere and I'm now focused to wash my clothes in cold water. (I have this thing that clothes aren't clean if they are washed in cold water only.) Not to mention everyone is irritable because we all want HOT SHOWERS! :(

Now we get to Monday. The repair man cometh (sometime between 8am and 5pm. Don't you just love how accurate they are?!). He's here for about 15 minutes and informs me that the water heater is not functionally properly. (Really? I hadn't realized that! Sarcasm.) He is ordering 2 more parts and will come back on Thursday. Hopefully the parts will be in. (He is changing out every part on the water heater. Why can't they just bring out a new one now I ask. Because the heater is ONLY 3 years old; they will not replace it. Now I'm really puzzled. If it is ONLY 3 years old and this is the second time we have had a problem with it and now he's changing out all the parts, don't you think there is a MAJOR PROBLEM and it needs to be replaced???!!!!) Now there is absolutely no praise, no prayers and now I'm feeling the whoa-is-me syndrome.

This morning, Devon wakes up with a fever, sore throat, and aching all over. (Flu?)

The devil is a powerful creature and he knows just how to pile on things to make us weak. My sisters in Christ, I ask that you lift up in prayer that I will defeat this demon and hold fast to my renewed promise to gain a closer, deeper relationship and become that steadfast prayer warrior.

Okay, I'm off my soap box. Thanks for letting me ramble!

2 comments:

  1. Oh hon, praying for you. I'll be glad to come get some laundry if you like. I just knew when he drove up on Monday as I was driving off that you'd be in hot water land right then.

    Devon probably does have the flu, I'm afraid. :( It seems to be spreading like wildfire around Hillcrest! Wanna come over for a hot shower? Anything at all I can do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you my friend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete